The former Afghan government’s ambassador tore up a copy of the letter circulated online.
Mohammad Zahir Agbar, ambassador of the former Afghan government to Tajikistan, on November 7, during a press conference in Dushanbe, denied rumors that the Taliban had sent a diplomat to Tajikistan and tore up a copy of the letter that was circulated in some media and social networks .
This letter stated that a man named Faizullah had been appointed as the first secretary of the Afghan embassy in Tajikistan, and the letter was allegedly signed by Amir Khan Muttaqi, the foreign minister of the Taliban government.
The Taliban themselves have not yet officially commented on this.
Zahir Agbar said that he has nothing to do with this letter and does not know where and how it appeared and spread in some media and social networks.
He tore up the letter (a printed copy) in the presence of journalists.
It should be noted that, in particular, the Afghanistan International news agency reported about this letter and wrote that “a person named Faizullah has been appointed as the first secretary of this embassy” and in this letter “the Afghan Embassy is invited to inform Tajikistan about the appointment of a new diplomat.”
The Tajik authorities have not yet provided any information about the appointment or arrival of a Taliban diplomat in the country.
It must be said that today a number of countries, including China, Iran, Russia and Turkey, have given their embassies to official representatives of the Taliban and received diplomats from this group.
Tajikistan is among the countries that do not have official relations with the Taliban.
The ambassador of the former government of Afghanistan still works in Dushanbe as a representative of the people of this country.
Source: Asia Plus TJ