President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Kassym-Zhomart Tokayev and President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, guided by the provisions of the Treaty on the fundamentals of relations between the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 13, 1993 and the Treaty on strategic partnership between the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan of September 14, 2015,
Reaffirming commitment to the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, as well as to the universally recognized norms of international law,
proceeding from the historical, spiritual and cultural commonality of the peoples of the two countries, based on the unshakable principles of friendship and mutual respect,
noting the high significance of the 30th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan, the high level of interstate dialogue achieved over the years of independent development, as well as the positive dynamics in the development of diverse cooperation,
reaffirming the invariability of the course towards a long-term and comprehensive deepening of bilateral relations based on the principles of mutual respect, trust and support,
Convinced that the mutual desire to bring bilateral cooperation to a qualitatively new level fully meets the fundamental interests of the peoples of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan, and will also contribute to the comprehensive implementation of the entire potential of bilateral cooperation in order to further the economic prosperity of the two states and strengthen regional stability,
Adopt this Declaration and declare as follows:
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan are establishing allied interaction, which provides for bringing diverse and multifaceted ties to a higher level.
- The Parties intend to build allied interaction on the basis of mutual consideration of interests and equality in order to strengthen independence, state sovereignty, territorial integrity, and will also refrain from any actions that damage the strategic partnership and allied interaction of the two states.
- The Parties express their readiness to comprehensively develop cooperation in the political, economic, investment, scientific and technical, cultural and humanitarian, military and military-technical fields.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan are in favor of further strengthening inter-parliamentary cooperation by intensifying the activities of inter-parliamentary friendship groups and strengthening joint work through international inter-parliamentary organizations.
- The Presidents note the importance of progressively building up and improving the entire range of bilateral trade and economic cooperation, taking additional efforts to create favorable economic, financial and legal conditions for the entrepreneurial activities of the companies of the two countries, creating joint industries and developing joint economic programs.
- The Parties will take the necessary measures to increase the volume of mutual trade, including by creating favorable conditions for the promotion of goods and services, diversifying the structure of trade, expanding the range of goods supplied, as well as organizing mutual trade and economic missions of producers and business forums with the participation of business circles of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan.
- The Parties note the importance of further development of investment cooperation, creation of favorable conditions for attracting investments and their protection at the state level. The parties expressed their firm intention to take measures to improve the mechanisms for comprehensive support of mutual investments.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan are in favor of developing close cooperation between enterprises in the oil and gas and chemical sectors, mechanical engineering, mining, food and light industries, transport and communications.
- The Presidents express their readiness to promote the development of cooperation between the regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan in order to create favorable conditions for effective interaction, strengthening trade, economic, cultural and humanitarian ties.
- The Parties will promote bilateral strengthening of ties and exchange of experience in the field of the agro-industrial complex, including on issues of mutual supplies of agricultural goods, the use of advanced technologies for the production, processing and storage of agricultural products.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan intend to increase cooperation in the field of transport interconnectedness, in the joint use of national and international transport infrastructures, the proper provision of favorable logistical conditions on their territories and the implementation of transit traffic.
- The Parties express their readiness to establish and develop comprehensive cooperation in the field of peaceful exploration of outer space, including through the implementation and promotion of joint projects, products and services, as well as
- They also note the need to develop cooperation in the field of digitalization of the sectors of the economy of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan.
- The Parties note the importance of developing bilateral cooperation in the field of digital economy and trade, information technology, IT security and artificial intelligence.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan intend to intensify the activities of the Intergovernmental Kazakh-Tajik Commission on Economic Cooperation in order to achieve the designated goals and objectives.
- The Parties emphasize that one of the key factors for prosperity and sustainable development in Central Asia is the integrated and rational use of water and energy resources, taking into account the interests of all states of the region.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan confirm the important role of the International Fund for Saving the Aral Sea, which is the only regional institutional platform in solving the water and environmental problems of Central Asia, to deepen the interaction of the countries of the region in the implementation of joint initiatives and programs aimed at overcoming the environmental crisis and improving the social economic situation in the Aral Sea basin.
- The Parties will continue to develop cooperation in the field of environmental protection, prevention and elimination of natural and man-made emergencies.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan intend to closely cooperate in the field of foreign policy, promoting mutual interests and initiatives for regional cooperation in order to ensure peace and stability in Central Asia.
The parties confirm their interest in improving the format of consultative meetings of the heads of state of Central Asia in order to fully utilize their potential.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan will continue close cooperation within the framework of the United Nations and its institutions, the World Trade Organization, the Commonwealth of Independent States, the Collective Security Treaty Organization, the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, the Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Buildings in Asia, the Organization for Security and cooperation in Europe, the Economic Cooperation Organization, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and other international and regional structures and forums.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan will make joint efforts to strengthen cooperation in the fight against international terrorism, extremism, illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, transnational organized crime, illicit arms trade, cybercrime and other challenges and threats to international and regional security both on the bilateral and at the multilateral levels.
- The Parties reaffirm their commitment to the provisions of the Treaty on the Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone in Central Asia, which is an important component of the international nuclear non-proliferation regime.
- The Presidents will do everything possible to preserve the spiritual and cultural closeness of the peoples of the two countries, deepen mutual ties in the field of culture and art, science, education, tourism, youth and the media.
They reaffirm their readiness to create favorable conditions for the activities of national cultural centers, societies and communities on the territory of the two states, as well as to take measures to ensure the rights and protect the interests of citizens of one state located on the territory of another state.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan will strengthen the common cultural space on the basis of long-term ties and contacts between representatives of the scientific intelligentsia, cultural figures, literature, art, public organizations and other cultural and humanitarian institutions.
Priority will be given to the development of direct contacts and the exchange of experience between representatives of the media, creative and sports teams, youth and women’s organizations, trade unions and other institutions of civil society.
- The heads of state will fully encourage the holding of joint activities aimed at supporting the youth of the two countries, including the spiritual and moral education of the younger generation, protecting the rights and realizing their talents and aspirations in the interests of society.
- In order to achieve the high goals set, the presidents instructed their governments to develop and agree on a draft Treaty on Allied Relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan in the near future.